Protexia LFX is a multilayer composite that replaces half of the granular blanket in a landfill basal drainage system with a multi-layer factory manufactured geosynthetic that combines the drainage and membrane protection functions into one easy to lay product.
Protexia LFX composite brings numerous environmental benefits to landfill engineering:
- Reduced use of expensive and scarce primary aggregate.
- Void saving to allow more efficient, productive use of space.
- Reduced haulage of construction materials to site.
It also benefits the client and contractor as:
- Using the composite means lower material, transport and installation costs.
- The CQA inspection can be carried out in a factory environment.
- The drainage core has a proven flow rate tested up to 1000kPa allowing for use in the deepest of landfills.
LFX has been in active use for over a decade and has been proven to provide an effective system for leachate management. The use of this system has provided significant savings to landfill operators: working closely with the Environment Agency and leading designers, Geofabrics has lead the way in innovation in landfill engineering using geosynthetics