Tracktex® is a unique patented geocomposite and the result of over a decade of research by trackbed engineers and materials scientists. Its specialist filter system improves trackbed quality over time and has been proven to significantly increase maintenance intervals.
The use of Tracktex® is the most cost effective way of preventing and correcting mud pumping failure. Rainwater is unable to penetrate the micro-porous filter and is drained laterally to the side of the track while pore water below the Tracktex® is relieved upwards under cyclic loading which aids residual slurry to dry out as the pore water is dissipated.
Tracktex® conforms to surface depressions in the formation layer and prevents the creation of slurry pockets. Fast installation rates reduce construction costs and possession time.
Tracktex® is able to effectively facilitate the passage of liquid under pressure, but the pores are such that the passages of clay fines are prohibited. Without pressure, water cannot pass though the filter, therefore any underlying clay formation will, over time, dry out and have an improved modulus.
- Proven performance in full scale testing and live track.
- Can be used in with geogrids where required.
- Faster installation rates than alternative systems which will reduce the likelihood of overruns or increase the coverage for a given possession time.
- Improves track quality.
- Durable to extreme conditions found in ballasted track.
- Shown to increase trackbed maintenance intervals due to pumping failure by up to 25 times.